Photo

Who keeps moving my plugs?... A Eunicid worm! -Now Caught!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Andie360

Andie360
  • LocationSouth West.
  • Wish List:A greedy git so all of them.
  • My Real Name:Andie

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

Next to that blue mushroom I can see lots of tiny babies.

#22 Andie360

Andie360
  • LocationSouth West.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:17 PM

Sorry my bad, just looked at the side of the beer can and it says 9 % so I'm seeing things.

#23 chopchop

chopchop
  • LocationSutton ,London
  • Wish List:Global Moderator
  • My Real Name:Jason

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

You look fine to me chum
7BB02C3C-1E4C-403A-8EB6-D2168F58D98E_zps
Ha haha

#24 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.
  • Wish List:Mega Rainbow, Rainbow God Of War, Eye of Saurons, Joes Emperor, Gator aid, CB Juicy Fruits And anything bright blue, pink, red.
  • My Real Name:Alastair

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:30 PM

its not the super tenants, there are blue mushroom babies.

#25 Andie360

Andie360
  • LocationSouth West.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:43 PM

was joshing bud :-)))))

#26 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.
  • Wish List:Mega Rainbow, Rainbow God Of War, Eye of Saurons, Joes Emperor, Gator aid, CB Juicy Fruits And anything bright blue, pink, red.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

Just bought a 500ml syringe. Gonna add a long clear hose to it, suck up a bit of water and food. Wait for worm to stick his head in then suck him up.
Just need to figure out what his favourite 'food' is. Is it zoas or collonista snails. It isn't amphipods, via there's loads sharing his hole.

#27 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

Not seen the bugger since.
Might have to break tank down...

#28 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:14 AM

Found him!
After all the disturbance around his hole, he disappeared. Then I left a plug of his favourite twilight pink zoas in various spots in the sand bed. It disappeared last night. He'd dragged it right into middle of rock formation. Still on sand bed level though. Used 12inch tweezers to drag frag and plug out of the crevice, along with my missing mega rainbow frag (on verge of death and separated from its plug) and a half eaten mandarin fish with various chunks out of it. Little b@stard.
Now I've re-located him I'm gonna break the tank down at earliest opportunity...armed with carbonated soda water to flush him out the rock he's in.

#29 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

Not easy, but 3hours later, it's done. He had a 14inch burrow, spiralling into 5kg rock. Carbonated soda water is definitely a eunice worm nemesis, but he wouldn't shake out the rock. After splitting it I realised that's because had built a trap door out of Stomatella shell and was sitting quite happily in his own pocket of water with the door shut! Even after splitting the rock he was hard to extract and came out in pieces.
BC95437D-C4E8-4A7D-BF3B-7DA4CAC960CA_zps
D835DA45-B69D-42C1-A04E-34BEFB466BC9_zps

#30 Philb0y

Philb0y

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

woa that's some worm.  Glad you got the little blighter.

#31 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:11 PM

Tough little bugger too. Swiping at the tweezers trying to bite them once he was cornered.

#32 chopchop

chopchop
  • LocationSutton ,London
  • Wish List:Global Moderator
  • My Real Name:Jason

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:58 PM

Your lucky....a bloke on UR had a two and a half foot eunice worm.....glad you got him out....in pieces by the look of things ..lol

#33 Jam163

Jam163
  • Locationlancashire
  • My Real Name:Jameel

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwewewwewwewew. Ew.

#34 Alburglar

Alburglar
  • LocationDover, Kent.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:17 AM

Your lucky....a bloke on UR had a two and a half foot eunice worm.....glad you got him out....in pieces by the look of things ..lol

Yeah I got a glimpse of it whilst pouring the soda water into his hole. Grabbed it with crocodile tweezers but it only came out so far then it stuck fast. But he didn't split easily. I ended up with one foot on the rock and pulling hard, before the tail started coming out in sections. Once I ran out of bits to grab I knew I'd have to split the rock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users