Photo

Ick!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy5lee

Jimmy5lee

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Hi guys I've started a new reef aquarium and before I move over my livestock I want to rid them of the dreaded ick! I have two black ice clowns a Percula and a fuzzy dwarf lion fish I wondered if you guys out there could give me any advice on copper levels for a safe treatment please! Cheers guys

#2 Jason

Jason
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

HI Jimmy

Sorry for missing this.

There are some very good Ick treatments on the market, but because they are copper based you can't use it in a reef tank.

DO you have a quarantine tank?

ZS MEMBERS: Please remember to NOT double up frags in a single postage tube. For the highest possible success rate use 1 frag per tube.

Please allow zoa's to heal for at least 2 weeks after fragging before sending them out.

#3 Jimmy5lee

Jimmy5lee

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Hello mate sorry I only just saw this! I've set up a quarantine tank using brightwell aquatics ionic copper at copper level of 0.1 and fish seem superb! I've recently just converted a juwel rio 240 and have moved live rock from my old aquarium into the new one! Now I have quarantine under control how long would you recommend leaving the fish out of the new tank as I'm of the impression ick life cycle various somewhat,
Thanks for getting back to me buddy

#4 Jason

Jason
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:18 AM

HI Jimmy

The ick life cycle varies depending on temperature.

Depending on current temp, you may want to raise it a couple of degrees to speed up the life cycle so the copper takes effect faster.

To be sure, I would keep them in QT for about a month - Rather be safe than sorry!

ZS MEMBERS: Please remember to NOT double up frags in a single postage tube. For the highest possible success rate use 1 frag per tube.

Please allow zoa's to heal for at least 2 weeks after fragging before sending them out.

#5 Jimmy5lee

Jimmy5lee

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:58 PM

Had in copper for about a week now and no signs of ick but as you say better be safe than sorry and will keep in copper for another 2 weeks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users