8 replies to this topic

#1 orthogonal3

orthogonal3
  • LocationManchester
  • My Real Name:Phil

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:18 PM

Hey guys,

Long time no see!

Sorry that the site went down for a while, hope you can forgive us for that. :unsure:

Basically the server decided that it was going to throw a disk, usually no biggie, deal with that week in week out in my day job.

In this case the server was just really being a right monster and wouldn't take to kindly to any fix attempts.

We've got a shiny new bit of kit hosting the site now, we'll be leaving the old piece of tin on the scrapheap after this week.

Needing to get the site up and running effectively from scratch, where Coupled with the fact that I didn't want to just revert things to a backup where people are just going to lose any recent contributions, or run an old copy temporarily where people might update that and then which is the up-to-date one? Merging is a nightmare we didn't need on top of this!

Sadly, this all came at a time when I have been sat in a field with no real internet or travelling between Manchester and Glasgow, Preston and London in the last week.

We're up, we're back, and normal service should be resumed.

I've got a few bits that I want to sort out behind the scenes but all should be fine now going forward.

Once again, please accept my most humble apologies for the downtime.

Hope to see you all on here soon,

Phil (Orthogonal3) xxx

Orthogonal3

#2 Jason

Jason
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:33 AM

Well done Phil/Al for all the hard work you guys have done getting the site running again :)

Many thanks for all the effort that you have put in!

ZS MEMBERS: Please remember to NOT double up frags in a single postage tube. For the highest possible success rate use 1 frag per tube.

Please allow zoa's to heal for at least 2 weeks after fragging before sending them out.

#3 RedDiver

RedDiver
  • LocationLiverpool
  • Wish List:Just to get it right eventually.

Coming soon
  • My Real Name:Terry

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

Well done guys. Glad that you got it sorted.

#4 chopchop

chopchop
  • LocationSutton ,London
  • Wish List:Global Moderator
  • My Real Name:Jason

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:11 PM

Hey guys,

Long time no see!

Sorry that the site went down for a while, hope you can forgive us for that. :unsure:
Basically the server decided that it was going to throw a disk, usually no biggie, deal with that week in week out in my day job.

In this case the server was just really being a right monster and wouldn't take to kindly to any fix attempts.
We've got a shiny new bit of kit hosting the site now, we'll be leaving the old piece of tin on the scrapheap after this week.

Needing to get the site up and running effectively from scratch, where Coupled with the fact that I didn't want to just revert things to a backup where people are just going to lose any recent contributions, or run an old copy temporarily where people might update that and then which is the up-to-date one? Merging is a nightmare we didn't need on top of this!

Sadly, this all came at a time when I have been sat in a field with no real internet or travelling between Manchester and Glasgow, Preston and London in the last week.

I've got a few bits that I want to sort out behind the scenes but all should be fine now going forward.

Phil (Orthogonal3) xxx

So you the thing a good hard wack....in laymen terms....lol

#5 Crombie

Crombie
  • LocationSwansea
  • My Real Name:James

Posted 10 November 2016 - 01:33 PM

Hey guys,

Long time no see!

Phil (Orthogonal3) xxx

Did you try turning it off and back on?? Glad it's back up.

#6 klynn

klynn

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Good to see its back again. Great job on that Phil.

#7 Mark Williams

Mark Williams
  • LocationCornwall
  • My Real Name:Guess

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:39 AM

How long has it been down?

#8 chopchop

chopchop
  • LocationSutton ,London
  • Wish List:Global Moderator
  • My Real Name:Jason

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:05 PM