Photo

Swap Advice and information

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jason

Jason
  • LocationSurrey

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

With the UK Zoa Swap gaining momentum I have come up with the following guidelines to help everyone have the best swap experience on the site.

Some of this information will be found elsewhere, but I wanted to consolidate it all into a single post.

•The most important guideline to follow is please do not send two frags in a single tube. I still receive frags like this even though this is stated on the site. The only time I have had frags not survive the swap is when they have been doubled up. Every swap I have sent and received where they have been packed one per tube has been 100% success rate.

•Keep a list of what you are swapping with whom. When you have three or four swaps going at a time it can be tricky to remember everything.

•Keep your swap partner updated, and make sure you tell him when the frags are sent off so he can be on the lookout for them.

•Be prepared to delay the swap for a week if the zoa’s have been newly fragged. Zoa’s that have had 2 weeks to recover travel better.

•If the zoa detaches itself from the plug during postage just glue it back on and place it in a lower flow section of the tank.

•Acclimatise the zoa’s by filling the tube ½ way with water. It will slowly absorb into the paper covering the zoa bringing it up to tank temperature. When the water has filtered through, fill the tube to the top and leave for ½ an hour. It will then be ok to put the zoa into the tank.

•It is worth introducing the zoa into a darker tank as light shock could damage it. After a few hours it should be fine to switch on the tank lights again.

•Protect new frags from hermit crabs and turbo snails. The can easily pull the frag from the plug.

Is these guidelines are followed, you will have an extremely high success rate and will grow your zoa collection larger than you ever thought possible!

Have fun!

Jason

ZS MEMBERS: Please remember to NOT double up frags in a single postage tube. For the highest possible success rate use 1 frag per tube.

Please allow zoa's to heal for at least 2 weeks after fragging before sending them out.

#2 matt27

matt27
  • LocationDerby - UK

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

like this post mate...makes it very clear :)
All the best
Matt
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

18"x10"x10" clearseal - 25L (ish)
livestock - 2x trochus, 1x turbo, 2x dwarf hermits (one zebra, one blue), yasha and randalls pair (seen 9/9/12 after hiding for 4 weeks :D)
coral - 1x rasta (maybe couple heads finally, noticed early Sept)

#3 swin

swin
  • LocationLake District
  • Wish List:Dearth mauls
    Hornets
    Gods of war
    Bbeb
    My clementine
    Speckled Krakatoa
    Armageddon
  • Frags Sold This Month:1 frag of fruit loops to Jord June 5th
  • My Real Name:Pete

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

very clear instructions,will follow them next time :rolleyes:

#4 Adamtodd94

Adamtodd94
  • Wish List:Every single zoa !!!!
  • My Real Name:Adam Todd

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Because of work I can never get to a post office so if I was to swap is have to put them in a post box so how many 1st class stamps would need to be on it and it would be going the zs method ?

#5 zoa-al

zoa-al
  • Locationnorwich
  • Wish List:Mary janes, car, rdpe, vpe, seduction, nuclear fallout, red death, avalanche pe, red halo, nice people eaters + winning lotto numbers so i can have a polyp of krakatoa :)
  • My Real Name:Al

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Because of work I can never get to a post office so if I was to swap is have to put them in a post box so how many 1st class stamps would need to be on it and it would be going the zs method ?

its currently £3 first class :) i dont know how many stamps that is tho :wacko:

#6 Adamtodd94

Adamtodd94

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Ok cheers for the price anyone else know how many stamps please ?

#7 MrMo

MrMo
  • LocationIlford, Essex
  • My Real Name:Mo

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Mate sign up a royal mail account via their website and you can buy postage which you can print out and tape/stick to your envelope. I use the franklin machine at work to weigh my packages. The nice thing about using the rm site is the print out will include the address so you don't have to write that by hand either.

Mo.

#8 Adamtodd94

Adamtodd94

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Thankyou very much and when you receive a frag by zs method Royal Mail first class will they just post it through the letterbox if you miss the door ?

#9 Dory

Dory
  • LocationSouthampton
  • Wish List:Eye of sauron
    HD Smurfs blood
    JF Bloodshots
    Johnny pumpkin seeds
    Red hornet
    Stratosphere
    Shazzam
    Wow
    Sonic flare
    Rainbow GOW

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Thankyou very much and when you receive a frag by zs method Royal Mail first class will they just post it through the letterbox if you miss the door ?

Yes they will, it's very handy if you're out :)

#10 jamieo

jamieo
  • LocationRedditch

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Mate sign up a royal mail account via their website and you can buy postage which you can print out and tape/stick to your envelope. I use the franklin machine at work to weigh my packages. The nice thing about using the rm site is the print out will include the address so you don't have to write that by hand either.

Didn't know that I will have to sign up when I start trading :) thanks for the info. 

#11 MrMo

MrMo
  • LocationIlford, Essex
  • My Real Name:Mo

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:58 AM

No worries mate, your also able to print to labels too. I just print to A4 sheet, cut it down to size then tape it down.

I never knew you could do that either until I stumbled onto it trying to work out for delivery charges when I was going to send my first frag.

Cheers,

Mo.

Mo.

#12 robster

robster
  • LocationDaventry Northants
  • Wish List:Just looking for something nice
  • My Real Name:Robbie

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

I like that tip from Mo

zs-badge-blueeyed.pngzs-badge-anemone.pngzs-badge-lightled.pngzs-badge-flood.pngzs-badge-rasta.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users